THE FCE BLOG by Claudia Ceraso

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Exam Day: The CIS

I've noticed that Cambridge past papers books bring sample answer sheets at the end. However, there is no sample copy of the CIS, which every candidate must complete before the start of most Cambridge Suite exams.

What is the CIS?
CIS stands for Candidate Information Sheet.

Is that a part of the exam?
No, it isn't. Actually, it is a survey about the exam candidates. Your answers in the CIS will not affect your marks.

What kind of questions does it include?
You'll be asked about the following:
  • age group and gender
  • reasons for taking the test
  • whether you are working or not
  • whether you have taken any international exam before
Turning over the page, there are two more questions:
-What's your country of origin?
-What is your mother tongue?

Do I have to write a lot?
You'll be given multiple choice options, so there is nothing you have to write. You simply choose as appropriate.

I do not have any copy of the CIS with me. This is all I remember after invigilating today. Have you taken the FCE recently?
Help me complete this post with your comments.

Thanks!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Took the FCE Exam this week. it was easy, the only really hard part was listening, but i think it's because the person spoke really fast and i think she was from ireland, it sounded irish, at least for me. oh and yeah the CSI is just a survey.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:44 pm  

  • When did you take the exam? On the 8th? Because I found the listening difficult too...

    By Blogger Agnese, At 2:17 pm  

  • I like this easy-difficult debate.

    @Agnese There are different versions of the exam. One of my students who sat for it on the 12th said the Use of English was more difficult for her. Also the last part of the listening was challenging in her opinion.

    So many things affect the perception of difficulty: topics, vocabulary, the speed of the voices...

    What do you find more difficult?

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 9:05 am  

  • Hi!
    I'd like to thank you for the useful information I found in this blog. I knew few days ago I passed the exam.

    Now I want to go for CAE.
    I hope to take it soon, maybe in July since my grade in FCE was quite good (A with 89/100).
    Do you have any resources for CAE students?
    Do you think that it's not wise to take CAE straight after FCE?

    Thank you again for your help.
    Ale

    By Anonymous Ale, At 11:23 am  

  • Ale,
    Thank you for your words.
    Now, with an A in FCE, all I can say is to encourage you to go ahead.

    You are not the only one who looks for CAE information here. I may be including some specific details or differences with FCE in the future. So stay tuned!

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 9:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home